I've had a few things rolling around in my head this weekend. I thought I'd just spew them out here in list form, with comments as needed.
1) I will be laid off in 5 days. You'd think this would be the most worrying thing on the list, but it isn't because...
2) I have a job interview on Thursday. I'm interviewing for a position at my current company but in another department. Getting the job and hanging on until April means I will be "vested" in the company, thus qualifying for a pension and being able to keep the company match in my 401k. Sounds great, right? Well, there's a catch.
3) My severance package is contingent upon me not being offered a comparable position before the date of my layoff. If I am offered a comparable job before next Monday and I decide I don't want to take it, then I will forfeit my severance.
4) I've emailed my HR representative to ask whether or not this position is considered "comparable". If he decides that it is, then I think I'm going to try to move the interview to next week. But will doing that give the interviewer a bad impression? And if I'm laid off but rehired, will the company bridge my years of service or will they restart the clock with my new hiring date? If the latter then I won't be vested after all and I might as well start over somewhere else.
5) How did it get so cold, so fast? I've been shivering all weekend. Brrrrr!
6) My back is KILLING me! I thought the whole point of having breast reduction surgery was to fix my back pain. It's worse than ever. The right side is very tight. I can't take a deep breath. Last night I tried in vain to make myself yawn. I couldn't do it. My lungs would not expand far enough. Maybe I should ask my regular doctor for help but I think he'll just give me muscle relaxers, which in my opinion is treating the symptoms instead of the cause.
7) Three and Five are on a cruise to celebrate their birthdays. Three is 29 today and Five will be 25 the day after they get back. Two and her husband are also taking a cruise at the end of this month. I'm so jealous! I can hardly stand it. I've never been on a cruise. Maybe after all of this employment drama settles down I'll take one.
8) The Pet Shop Boys are really great, aren't they? Everything sounds better with 2 poofs and a synthesizer :)