Monday, October 19, 2009

Being boring

I'm very bored. I'm playing Roller Coaster Kingdom and Happy Aquarium on Facebook. Every few hours I check in to see if guests have arrived or my fish are hungry. That's all I have going on.

I've been reading one of the "Dune" prequels - "Dune: The Butlerian Jihad". I can't get more than a chapter into it before falling asleep. This is not boding well for the rest of the series! I've watched all of my TV shows (except for the aforementioned Stargate: Atlantis & Ninja Warrior reruns). I guess I could have a Firefly or Battlestar Galactica marathon but I'm tired of sitting on the couch.

The animal shelter emailed their volunteers to beg us to come walk their dogs. They've had a lot of staff out sick. With all the talk about H1N1 lately I'm afraid I'll show up there and catch the swine flu. Eeek! I'll probably be okay, though. The shelter is extremely vigilant about being clean. They have hand sanitizer everywhere you look and they wash everything in bleach. I guess I'll stop in a few times this week. It'll give me something to do. I just haven't felt very motivated to comb my hair and put on pants!

The post title is from another Pet Shop Boys song; one of my favorites, actually. I would post the music video but it's a bit on the sleazy side. I think it was directed by the same guy who did the Abercrombie & Fitch advertising campaigns. Anyway, if you want to hear/see it look for "Being Boring" on YouTube. I think there are versions with just the music. Or you can follow my carnal link. I promise I won't judge you. I've watched it twice while typing this!

Post Edit: paragraphs were looking weird when I posted this, so I went back in. Yay for GoogleReader always tattling when I post the same thing twice!

2 comments: