Thursday, September 3, 2009

Musical bipolarism

My poor little Pandora station is a little on the bipolar side. In the space of a few hours I will listen to Sarah McLachlan, Genesis, Oingo Boingo, Pet Shop Boys, The Police, Skid Row, Nirvana, Metallica, Disturbed, Soundgarden, Live, Foo Fighters, Gin Blossoms, Lifehouse, REM, Sting, Bryan Adams... quite an eclectic range. I need to start untangling the different genres. It can be quite weird to go from "Fields of Gold" to "Enter Sandman" within a few minutes.

So far the station has been pretty good about finding appropriate segues. It's a little like playing "7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon" with music. I think the link below will take you to my tunes. Check me out sometime:

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh79298372130217429#/

1 comment:

Rachel Dear said...

I prefer it that way, the randomness.
That way you don't get bored listening to the same genre.

I myself enjoy many genres, but sometimes I don't like listening to the same sound multiple times in a row.
Yay ADD.